Sunday, December 7, 2008

We are not all lost to the demon of stupidity

Sometimes, just sometimes, there are news stories that regenerate my fervent hope that the entire demographic of the human race does not boil down to "100%: clinically retarded".

Remember those Nigerian "Christians" who have been torturing and abusing their children, and about whom there has been a remarkable dearth of comment from the Christians that I know do read this?

A man who has claimed to KILL one hundred and ten child "witches" has been arrested and charged with murder.

Only 999,999 deluded emotional cripples left in Nigeria. But I give thanks, anyway, that there is one less child-killer roaming the countryside.

I repeat my call to Christians and their churches to diassociate themselves from these self-proclaimed Nigerian Christians and dedicate resources to their re-education. Instead, of, you know, sending truck-loads of missionaries to countries that don't need or want them, because they're happy being Muslim (or whatever). Here you have a part of your own faith that has run amok: you have a responsibility to them and to the children of Nigeria to do what you can to stop it. Hell, pay my plane ticket, and I'll go with you.

Second item: it is not often that I will find myself in agreement with a clergyman. But the Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, has, in this caes, gotten it exactly right: throw out Mugabe and try him in The Hague. Okay, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, I suppose.

No comments: